Current Students

The University of Arkansas requires all students to certify their schedule with the Veterans Resource & Information Center every term in which they want to have their classes certified to the Department of Veterans Affairs for disbursement of VA Education Benefits. Please do not submit certification forms until you have your final schedule and all classes have been registered for in UAConnect.  If you are on a waitlist, please wait to submit the class certification until after you have been approved for entry into the course.

Undergraduate Students Requesting Certification (please click the appropriate college):

College of Engineering

All Graduate Students:

        Request certification of your courses.

Dropping a class(es) or withdrawing from the University of Arkansas:

Students who wish to drop a course or withdraw from the University of Arkansas will need to submit a Drop/Withdrawal Request Form.  This will notify the VRIC to report your change to the VA.  Overpayments may result in a debt letter being sent directly to the student.

Using Your Benefits At Another School:

If you would like to take courses at another college to meet requirements for your degree at the University of Arkansas, you may do so by having an approved Parent Letter sent from the University of Arkansas to the school in which you wish to take classes.  Students may also combine their credit hours, if they wish to increase their benefits if they are taking courses at more than one school at the same time.  In order for the VA Certifying Official to send a letter to your other school, you will need to fill out a Parent Letter Request Form.

Verify Attendance (Monthly Requirement): VA.Gov

  • All students using Chapter 1606, 1607 and 30 benefits must verify attendance with the VA monthly in order to receive your benefit.  Usually no earlier than the last calendar day of each month, but sometimes sooner. 
  • Click here or call 877-823-2378.

Arkansas Guard Tuition Waiver

Undergraduate students in either the Arkansas National Guard or Air National Guard are eligible for a 25% tuition waiver provided you have a letter of good standing from your unit of assignment and a 2.0 grade point average.  These requirements must be met every semester in which you wish to use this waiver.  Request your 25% waiver.