Goals to Enrollment:


Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) - Uptown Campus 1001 Sain Street, Fayetteville, (479) 575-2442 Offering FREE remedial academic assistance to veterans who have served at least 180 days of active duty service or discharged because of a service-connected disability, received something other than dishonorable discharge, be a first generation college student and/or fall within low-income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Education.


Undergraduate Admissions - 232 Silas H. Hunt Hall, 800-377-8632, Contact for questions on how to apply for admissions into a bachelor degree program.

Graduate Admissions - 213 Ozark Hall, 866-234-3957, Contact for questions on how to apply for admissions into a graduate degree program.

Law School Admissions - Robert A. Leflar Law Center, 479-575-5601, Contact for questions on how to apply for admissions into the law school.

Office of the Registrar - 146 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-5451, Official high school, college/university, and American Council on Education (ACE) transcripts must submitted directly from the issuing department to the Office of the Registrar. You can obtain your Joint Service Transcript and have them sent directly to the school by going to the JST Website.

  • After you are admitted you can turn in your DD-214 to the Office of the Registrar for consideration of up to 6 elective credit hours.
  • You can review transfer course equivalency for some courses here:  Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.

In-State tuition - University of Arkansas Board Policy regarding Fees for Members of Armed Forces and Dependents


Students who are wanting to use their VA Benefits will need to go to the GI BILL Website in order to determine what they are eligible for.  In some cases, students may be eligible for more than one VA Benefit and will have to make a selection based on what benefits them the most.  Students who are eligible for more than one benefit, should examine their options carefully before selecting the Post 9/11 GI BILL Benefit, as this switch is irreversible.  The different benefits active duty and reservists may qualify for are:            

Complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1990) through the VA  


If you are a disabled veteran and are interested in using the Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation benefit, we encourage you to contact our VA VetSuccess on Campus Counselor Brian Burgess for more information.  You can reach Brian at 479-575-8731 (Mondays and Tuesday from 0800-1630 and on Wednesday from 0800-1200).  You can also email him at


In order for us to transfer your benefits from your previous institution to the University of Arkansas, we will need:

  • VA Form 22-1995

Our institutional address is:

University of Arkansas, 1 University, Fayetteville, AR 72701

Complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1995) through the VA  


Office of Financial Aid - 114 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-3806 Assisting student with Pell Grants, Student/Parent Loans, Work-Study, and Lottery Scholarship Information.

Office of Academic Scholarships - 114 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-4464 Providing scholarship opportunities including military scholarships.

Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon Program may help to cover out of state tuition that is not covered by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Students are placed on the Yellow Ribbon Program on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must be eligible at 100% for the Post 9/11 GI Bill in order to qualify.  The Office of the Treasurer- Arkansas Union 213, (479) 575-5651, can provide assistance with payment plans and account inquiries.

MEET WITH AN ADVISOR (Graduate Students Will Contact Their Program Advisor)

College of Education and Health Professions - Departmental Advising Offices, (479) 575-3208

College of Engineering - Departmental Advising Offices, (479) 575-3052

Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences Dean's Office, E-108 AFLS, (479) 575-2252

J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences - Fulbright Advising Center, 518 Old Main, (479) 575-3307

Sam M. Walton College of Business - Walton Advising Center, 328 Business Building, (479) 575-4622

School of Architecture - Advising Center, 217 Vol Walker, (479) 575-2399


After you have registered for your courses every semester, you must certify your course schedule with our office.              

Forms submitted by undergraduate students will automatically be routed through the selected college advising center for approval of courses before benefits are certified by the VRIC.  Graduate Students forms will automatically come to the VRIC for certification.  If you do not receive a confirmation email within 10 business days, please contact the VRIC at 479-575-8742 or by email at to check the status.