News and Events



University of Arkansas Military and Dependent Scholarships  Check out the University of Arkansas Scholarship site for the latest military and dependent scholarship opportunities and deadlines for application.  

Student Affairs Scholarships The Division of Student Affairs awards a variety of scholarships each year based on a wide variety of qualifications and interests. A 4.0 GPA is not necessary to apply.

Academic Challenge Scholarships :  The Academic Challenge Program provides scholarships to Arkansas residents pursuing a higher education. Funded in large part by the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, the Academic Challenge Scholarship is available to students regardless of their academic status, whether just graduating from high school, currently enrolled in college, enrolling in college for the first time, or re-enrolling after a period of time out of college.  To apply a student must complete both the FAFSA and the YOUniversal application forms.  To complete the state application, log on to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education Web site.   This single online application will be reviewed by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education for all Arkansas state scholarships programs, including the Academic Challenge (Lottery) Scholarship, the Governor's Scholars Program, and the Go! Grant.  Students need to be sure to follow all the directions and provide the required documents.  Arkansas state scholarships also require the completion of the FAFSA form.  Please have your tax documents available to speed completion.

More information about the financial aid programs Arkansas offers is available on the ADHE Web site under Find Money for College, by calling ADHE at 1-800-54-STUDY.

Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship :  Public Law 111-32, the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship, amends the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (chapter 33) to include the children of service members who die in the line of duty after Sept. 10, 2001. The benefit is effective August 1, 2009; the same day the Post-9/11 GI Bill® takes effect. Eligible children attending school may receive up to the highest public, in-state undergraduate tuition and fees, plus a monthly living stipend and book allowance under this program. VA will begin accepting applications for this benefit May 1, 2010, and will begin issuing payments to eligible children by 8/1/10. Children enrolled from 8/1/09 through 7/31/10 may receive retroactive payments for that time. For more information, call toll-free 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551), 

Transitional Care for Service-Related Conditions The Transitional Care for Service-Related Conditions (TCSRC) Program extends TRICARE coverage to former active duty, Guard, and Reserve members for certain service-related conditions beyond their regular 180-day TAMP coverage period. The benefit is available worldwide.

Eligibility for TSCRC If you are eligible for care under TAMP and have a newly diagnosed medical condition that is related to your active-duty service, you may qualify for an additional 180 days of care for your specified service-related condition. To qualify for TCSRC, your medical condition must be: 1. Service-related 2. Newly discovered/diagnosed during the 180-day TAMP period 3. Able to be resolved within 180 days 4. Validated by a DoD physician Once the DoD validates your medical condition, your TCSRC coverage is reflected in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). 

Folds of Honor Scholarship : provides educational scholarships for children and spouses of military service men and women killed or disabled while serving our great nation.  Eligible applicants must be the spouse or dependent (defined as 24 years old and younger and unmarried) of one of the following:  a service member who was killed in action or killed in the line of duty, a current service member who  was wounded in action or wounded in the line of duty and has been awarded a Purple Heart medal, a military veteran who has a service-connected disability, rated by the VA, a military veteran who died of any cause after being classified as having a service-connected disability.